RocketPlan was built to provide the best employee experience, thus enabling restoration professionals to complete their work in less time; maximizing operational efficiencies directly benefiting the bottom line.
We are seeking to hire a new team member to join us on a full-time basis. You will be part of a small team developing the core technology of our platform. We are not looking for “ninja’s”, “wizards”, or “hyperbolic pseudonyms”, we are looking for experience, a great attitude and the ability to write clean, reliable and SOLID code.
As a Laravel/PHP developer, you will be creating powerful, flexible, highly scalable APIs and developing various backend systems and operations. You will be responsible for implementing new features and integrations as well as supporting our existing functionality. You will also join us in sprint planning and retrospectives and have the opportunity to make a lasting impact on our tech stack.
● Experience in backend systems and API development
● Solid knowledge of PHP
● Solid knowledge of Laravel (minimum of 2 years)
● Advanced knowledge of MySQL or similar relational database systems
● Excellent REST API understanding
● Excellent understanding of OOP concepts
● Excellent understanding of software design patterns
● Excellent time management skills
● Expertise in building automated unit test scripts, or better yet TDD
● Autonomous, yet knows when to seek support from peer
● Constantly seeking to optimize processes and outcomes
● Have a keen eye for detail
● Willing to work remotely
● Live in Canada (We are tentatively open to US candidates)
● Ability to be on video chat daily
● We review your resume, and if we determine there is a match to the role, we will organize a video interview
● After the video interview, if we decide to move forward, we will ask the candidate to do a quick Laravel project to demonstrate your skill set
● We will review the project and organize a second interview for both sides to review the code (If you have a Laravel API that you are proud of, we can review this in the first interview)
● The Rocket Plan team will assess the interviews, code, salary expectations and will determine if you are a fit
We want to keep the process as quick and painless as possible for both sides. We enjoy mutual conversations and since this is a technical role, please be prepared to do a deep dive into the technology you have worked on.
Please send your resume (in PDF format) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org